Friday, March 28, 2014

cooking

Every culture and every country have their own signature cuisine, but trying to cook a dish far away from its origin can be challenging because it just wont taste the same. I come from a tropical country located in Central America called Honduras and our food means the world to me. It has been six years since i moved to Springfield, Mo. and ever since i haven't been able to taste all the wonders i left back home. I know that most of the ingredients are hard to find but the ones that we can just don't taste the same and i know im not the only one who things the same so does my family and many other international friends that i met here during school. Whatever the reason might be it makes it very hard to find something to conform with. Specially my wife, she is from Mexico and she moved to the U.S a few years before i did and she couldn't agree with me more. Although Mexican food is more famous and there are many restaurants that pretty much serve the same dishes she rather eat at home and i don't blame her because her mom loves cooking and she takes it a bit seriously, but some of the cooking is better than some restaurants. However, even her mom cant top the original Mexican food that my wife always talks to me about.

so you can imagine the amount of pressure that falls on me when i want to cook for my wife something that is typical in my country. Luckily I found the perfect thing that she loves more than her mom's Mexican version even if its not a whole dish, but its something that she gets exited when im about to cook it. I'm very proud to be able to show her something that we eat and enjoy very much im always happy to cook my black re-fried beans with our secret seasoning. The original ingredients are hard to find so we have been used anything that gets the closest. the taste is surly hard to explain because of the seasoning and the smell its just powerfull enough to bring everyone to the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment